Love Black (B)...Even When
The design is based on the Mural created by Edreys Wajed and James “Yames” Moffitt with support from the AK Public Art initiative in close collaboration with Say Yes Buffalo and Clover Group, Inc.
"With his frank and passionate words, Wajed exposes how our culture perpetuates stereotypes of Black children as beautiful and harmless, but at some invisible stage of their lives, and through no fault of their own, they may be deemed dangerous as adults," Albright-Knox said in a statement.
"By revealing this cultural reality, Wajed shows why the statement 'Black Lives Matter' is so profound, yet only the beginning of a long and necessary conversation."
Wajed’s contribution to our civic conversation is established by his profound yet minimal design for a mural that states in the silhouettes of figures: “Love Black boys even when they become men,” and “Love Black girls even when they become women.”
This t-shirt is everything you've dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping